You can now redirect your website’s visitor depending on geolocation, i.e. what continent, country, or city the visitor is located in, to a certain page within your website, to a subdomain, or to an entirely different domain.
Example 1:You have a website on the domain great-trips.usand you want to launch a website with resources suited for your European visitors. Now you would like the European visitors to be redirected from great-trips.usto great-trips.eu.
Example 2:You have a website in English and you have translated its content for your Russian visitors who can now read the same content under the subdirectory /rus/. Now you would like visitors from Russian-speaking countries to be automatically redirected to that part of your website.
This is now easy to dofrom the hosting control panel at ServeU.NET:
- Under the menu My domains, find DNS Recordsand click it
- Click the button Add a new recordup at the right side
- Choose the domain you want to redirect from in the dropdown list
- Choose a record type, e.g. CNAME if you want to redirect to a certain web address
- Value should be in the format targetsite.comif you choose CNAME
- Select Enable GeoIP and choose continent / country / city as a condition for your redirection
- Save and wait for DNS records to be updated globally